The bottom number of the flag indicates the number of former Proviso Township High School students who served in the Armed Forces in World War II.
The top number indicates the number of former Proviso Students who died in World War II.
Memorial Garden as it looked in the late 1940s.
The garden was dedicated on December 8, 1949. It should be mentioned that we have discovered that some members of B Company, who attended Proviso Township High School, are not listed on the tablets. This was because school records of those who left school were discarded.
|Proviso Memorial Garden Today|
|View of the Memorial Garden taken from the west hallway of Proviso East High School.|